[Python-ideas] Add pop_callback to deque signature

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Tue Oct 3 12:13:53 EDT 2017

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 5:22 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:

> Daniel Stutzbach's blist is well-known at this point:
> http://stutzbachenterprises.com/performance-blist
> <https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-ideas/2014-September/029434.html>

> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-ideas/2014-September/029434.html
> (inconclusive)

that was some years ago -- I wonder how much use it's seen?

but I note:

"I'm really reluctant to include `blist` as a  dependency, given that it
would basically mean my package wouldn't be  pip-installable on Windows
machines. "

With binary wheels and all, this isn't the same issue it used to be -- so a
third party package is more viable.

Though on PyPi it hasn't been touched for 4 years -- so maybe didn't turn
out to be that useful (Or jsut not that well known)

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov