[Python-ideas] Membership of infinite iterators

Brendan Barnwell brenbarn at brenbarn.net
Tue Oct 17 14:44:49 EDT 2017

On 2017-10-17 07:26, Serhiy Storchaka wrote:
> 17.10.17 17:06, Nick Coghlan пише:
>> >Keep in mind we're not talking about a regular loop you can break out of
>> >with Ctrl-C here - we're talking about a tight loop inside the
>> >interpreter internals that leads to having to kill the whole host
>> >process just to get out of it.
> And this is the root of the issue. Just let more tight loops be
> interruptible with Ctrl-C, and this will fix the more general issue.

	I was just thinking the same thing.  I think in general it's always bad
for code to be uninterruptible with Ctrl-C.  If these infinite iterators
were fixed so they could be interrupted, this containment problem would
be much less painful.

--
Brendan Barnwell
"Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no