[Python-ideas] A reminder for PEP owners

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Sep 13 15:15:06 EDT 2017

I know there's a lot of excitement around lots of new ideas. And the 3.7
feature freeze is looming (January is in a few months). But someone has to
review and accept all those PEPs, and I can't do it all by myself.

If you want your proposal to be taken seriously, you need to include a
summary of the discussion on the mailing list (including objections, even
if you disagree!) in your PEP, e.g. as an extended design rationale or
under the Rejected Ideas heading.

If you don't do this you risk having to repeat yourself -- also you risk
having your PEP rejected, because at this point there's no way I am going
to read all the discussions.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido <http://python.org/%7Eguido>)