[Python-ideas] A PEP to define basical metric which allows to guarantee minimal code quality

Barry Scott barry at barrys-emacs.org
Wed Sep 20 15:39:34 EDT 2017

> On 20 Sep 2017, at 20:02, alexandre.galode at gmail.com wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks to everyone for your contribution to my proposal.
>
> @Barry, I agree with you that each organisation needs to integrate the "quality process" in their workflow. But before integrate it, this "quality" process need to be define, at minimal, i think. I don't think too this is easy to measure, in integrity, but we can define minimal metric, easy to get from code, as the ones defines previously. About your question for googlegroups, i don't know if it's bond, but i use google group to participate to this mailing list.

The organisations work flow *is* its quality process, for better or worse.

You can define metrics. But as to what they mean? Well that is the question.

I was once told that you should measure a new metric for 2 years before you attempting to use it to change your processes.

Oh and what is the most important thing for a piece of work?

I'd claim its the requirements. Get them wrong and nothing else matters.

Oh and thank you for raising a very important topic.

Barry