[Python-ideas] PEP draft: Unifying function/method classes

Serhiy Storchaka storchaka at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 12:31:52 EDT 2018

31.03.18 17:48, Jeroen Demeyer пише:
> I have prepared a PEP draft for unifying function/method classes. You
> can find it at
>
> https://github.com/jdemeyer/PEP-functions
>
> This has not officially been submitted as PEP yet, I want to hear your
> comments first.

I once tried to move in this direction (unifying the set of attributes
for functions). But there are more than two kinds of function-like
objects, so I deferred this work until I have more time.

Do you have working implementation? How much code should be modified for
passing all tests? Ideally only specific code in the inspect module and
like should be modified.