[Python-ideas] Revisiting dedicated overloadable boolean operators

Benedikt Werner 1benediktwerner at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 01:31:11 EDT 2018

> The proposal is for new operators.  The operators would be "bNOT",
> "bAND", "bOR", and "bXOR".  They would be completely independent of
> the existing "not", "and", and "or" operators, operating purely on
> boolean values.  It would be possible to overload these operators.
I see, I misunderstood you there.
Then I have to say that these names really don't feel very pythonic to
me. I guess they are still the best names out of the ones I have seen so
far but I still don't like them very much.

I guess having overloadable operators with proper precedences would be
quite handy for fluent style APIs but I don't think it's worth
justifying a new set of operators.