[Python-ideas] Python docs page: In what ways is None special

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 09:04:03 EDT 2018

Hi Neil

Thank you for your post, regarding
https://docs.python.org/3/reference/datamodel.html#the-standard-type-hierarchy.

You've suggested changing "built-in name None" to "keyword None". I
think that's a good change. And similar changes might be welcome
elsewhere in the docs, perhaps also for True and False.

And I think there's more. The page says
> None
> This type has a single value. There is a single object with this value. [...]

I think it better to write
> NoneType
> This type has a single value, `None`. The keyword `None` always gives the value `None`.

I think the best way forward here is to raise an issue on
https://bugs.python.org/. Would you be willing to do this? If you need
it, there's help available at https://devguide.python.org/triaging/.

Once again, thank you for your close attention to detail.

--
Jonathan