[Python-ideas] Does jargon make learning more difficult?

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Aug 22 23:12:30 EDT 2018

Abe Dillon wrote:
> They still find it's better to use a red break
> light symbol with the aim of clearly communicating to non-experts.

The handbrake warning light on my dashboard has a symbol
that represents a brake drum and a pair of brake shoes,
and the word "BRAKE" written underneath it. That's a
technical term and an implementation detail, right there
in the user interface!

(Never mind that the implentation detail isn't accurate,
because the car actually has disc brakes...)

--
Greg