[Python-ideas] A GUI for beginners and experts alike

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Aug 24 21:15:05 EDT 2018

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal wrote:
> Now that you say that, I think I’m mingling memories — there was
> another project that attempted to wrap TKInter, wxPython, QT .. I
> always thought that was ill advised.

You're probably thinking of "anygui" (named in the spirit of
"anydbm"). As far as I remember, it never really got off the
ground.

> QT might make some sense— you need something on top of X, don’t you?

Linux is currently covered by a Gtk implementation, which
seems to be about as close as you get to a "native" GUI
toolkit on Linux. X-based systems without Gtk are currently
out ofscope -- but contributions are always welcome!

--
Greg