[Python-ideas] A GUI for beginners and experts alike

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Aug 24 21:47:13 EDT 2018

Mike Barnett wrote:
> Unsubscribing from this mess.  “Python Ideas” ?

We didn't mean to drive you away! Python discussions have a
tendency to roam far and wide. It doesn't mean we're not
interested in what you have to say.

Any new package is naturally going to invite comparisons with
similar things that have been done before. That's not a bad
thing -- it's always good to see what others have done in
the same field.

Although your package is unlikely to be put into the stdlib
any time soon, it would be a fine thing to have on PyPI,
and I'm sure there are people here willing to help you
develop it. You may just need to be prepared to ignore
some digressions.

--
Greg