[Python-ideas] zipfile encryption function

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Aug 30 03:42:17 EDT 2018

On 30.08.2018 03:27, 大野隆弘 wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to use zipfile encryption as python standard library.
> https://github.com/python/cpython/blob/master/Lib/zipfile.py
>
> Below document says "currently" cannot.
> https://github.com/python/cpython/blob/master/Doc/library/zipfile.rst
> "but it currently cannot create an encrypted file."
>
> Current pythonians like me have to use 3rd party like below, but I
> believe it is worth to include.
> https://pypi.org/project/pyminizip/
> https://github.com/wllm-rbnt/py-zipcrypt
>
> please forgive me if someone have already suggested before.

I think adding zipfile support for the now common per file
encryption logic using AES would be useful to have in the stdlib
zipfile module. It's used a lot where people do not want to
go for the full infrastructure which GPG entails.

Could you provide a PR and upload that to bugs.python.org ?

Some references:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zip_%28file_format%29#Encryption
https://pkware.cachefly.net/webdocs/casestudies/APPNOTE.TXT

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Aug 30 2018)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/