[Python-ideas] Why CPython is still behind in performance for some widely used patterns ?

Pau Freixes pfreixes at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 10:34:24 EST 2018

Maybe it is happening but not in the way that you would expect

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2018-January/152029.html

Anyway, do we conclude, or at least a significant part, that is something
desiderable but some constraints  do not allow to work on that?

Also, more technically Iwouls like to have your point of view of two
questions, sorry if these sound kind stupid.

1) Is CPython 4 a good place to start to think on make the default
execution mone debuggale. Having an explicit -g operand that by default is
disabled, shouldnt be an open window for changing many thinks behind the
scenes?

2) Regarding the Yuris proposal to cache bultin functions, why this
strategy cant be used for objects and their attributes within the function
scope? Technically which is the red flag?

Cheers,