[Python-ideas] List the methods of a metaclass in the help of its instances

Yahya Abou 'Imran yahya-abou-imran at protonmail.com
Sun Feb 11 16:55:34 EST 2018

For example, in the help of ABCs, the register method witch is defined in ABCMeta is not listed.

It's a little bit weird, since it's accessible from the class just like any classmethod or staticmethod, and it's a real feature of the class.

I think it would be great if there was sections in the help that look like:

| Metaclass methods defined in <TheMetaclass>:

| Metaclass methods inherited from <TheMetaclassParent>:

The same rules of visibility would apply of course.