[Python-ideas] Official site-packages/test directory

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 11:23:23 EST 2018

Another common approach is to not ship tests as part of your (runtime)
package at all - they are in the sdist but not the wheels nor are they
deployed with "setup.py install". In my experience, this is the usual
approach projects take if they don't have the tests in the package
directory. (I don't think I've *ever* seen a project try to install
tests except by including them in the package directory...)

Paul