[Python-ideas] Preemptive multitasking and asyncio

Thomas Güttler guettliml at thomas-guettler.de
Wed Jan 24 11:46:29 EST 2018

I found a question and answer at Stackoverflow[1] which says
that asyncio/await is like cooperative multitasking.

My whish is to have preemptive multitasking: The interpreter
does the yielding. The software developer does not need to
insert async/await keywords into its source code any more.

AFAIK the erlang interpreter does something like this.

I guess it is impossible to implement this, but it was
somehow important for me to speak out my which.

What do you think?

Regards,
   Thomas Güttler

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38865050/is-await-in-python3-cooperative-multitasking