[Python-ideas] Adding str.isascii() ?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Jan 26 10:04:32 EST 2018

On 26.01.2018 15:58, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 22:33:36 +0900
> INADA Naoki <songofacandy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>>
>>> Can you create a simple test-case that proves this?
>>
>> Sure.
>
> I think the question assumed "without writing custom C or ctypes code
> that deliberately builds a non-conformant unicode object" ;-)

I think his example is spot on, since this is how you'd expect
to use the APIs. Even more so, if you don't know the maximum code
point used in the data you write to the object upfront.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Jan 26 2018)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/