[Python-ideas] PEP 505: None-aware operators

David Mertz mertz at gnosis.cx
Tue Jul 24 09:20:58 EDT 2018

I *definitely* don't think a little tool I wrote in a couple hours last
night belongs in the standard library (with most of the heavy lifting
actually done by wrapt—which is really well designed, and is also not in
the standard library). I also don't think PyMaybe belongs there, even
though it's a couple years old.

Now, perhaps, if 'coalescing' is widely used for a year or two. And bugs
are fixed. And the API is tweaked based on experience with it's use. And so
on... At that point, *maybe* something derived from it might be appropriate.