[Python-ideas] PEP 505: None-aware operators

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 02:03:18 EDT 2018

Hi All

On 26 July, Raymond Hettinger wrote:
> It probably is the wrong time and probably can hurt (by introducing
> divisiveness when we most need for be focusing on coming together). [...]

+10

Here's some good news for Raymond. On 23 July, Steve Dower wrote:
---
> [...] I'm going to duck out of the discussions
> here now, since they are not as productive as I'd hoped, and once we have a
> BDFL-replacement I'll reawaken it and see what is required at that point.
---
and this is Steve's last post (so far) to the discussion.

+10

If you've not seen this message from Steve before, you're forgiven.
This topic has about 200 messages. Who's got time to read them all
them all?

If you want to have a go, they're listed by date at
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-ideas/2018-July/thread.html#52036

Regarding discussion of PEP 505, I'll follow the advice and example of
Raymond and Steve. Which is to pick it up again later, once we've got
proper cover for the BDFL's vacation. Have a nice holiday, Guido.

--
Jonathan