[Python-ideas] Allow mutable builtin types (optionally)

Eloi Gaudry Eloi.Gaudry at fft.be
Thu Jun 21 11:26:37 EDT 2018

This request didn't have a lot of traction, but I still consider this is something that would need to be supported (2 lines of code to be changed; no regression so far with python 2 and python 3).

My main points are:

- HEAP_TYPE is not really used (as anyone being using it ?)

- HEAP_TYPE serves other purposes

- extension would benefit for allowing direct access to any of its type attributes

Petr, what do you think ?

Eloi