[Python-ideas] Add a __cite__ method for scientific packages

Alex Walters tritium-list at sdamon.com
Fri Jun 29 00:26:42 EDT 2018

But don't all the users who care about citing modules already use the scientific python packages, with scipy itself at it's center?  Wouldn't those engaging in science or in academia be better stewards of this than systems programmers?  Since you're not asking for anything that can't be done in a third party module, and there is a third party module that most of the target audience of this standard would already have, there is zero reason to take up four names in the python runtime to serve those users.