[Python-ideas] PEP 572 version 2: Statement-Local Name Bindings

Jonathan Goble jcgoble3 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 15:02:50 EST 2018

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 2:56 PM Robert Vanden Eynde <robertve92 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> @Rhodri, this is what Everybody does because you hit the "reply to all"
> button, but, we don't receive two copies on the mail, I don't know why (but
> that's a good thing).
>
> Le 2 mars 2018 20:48, "Rhodri James" <rhodri at kynesim.co.uk> a écrit :
>
> On 02/03/18 18:27, Jelle Zijlstra wrote:

> Guys, please don't email to me *and* the mailing list.  Getting two copies
> of your deathless prose makes me less likely to pay attention to you, not
> more.
>

> --
> Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd

*de-lurks* There is an option in your personal settings for the list to
choose whether to receive duplicate copies of messages sent to both you and
the list. It is usually wise to set that to "no".

To check this option, go to
https://mail.python.org/mailman/options/python-ideas, enter your email
address and password (if you don't recall your password, just enter your
email address and click "Remind" at the bottom of the page), and click "Log
in". From there, you can change a variety of options, including the one
about receiving duplicate copies of messages aimed at both you and the list.