[Python-ideas] High Precision datetime

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Thu May 17 17:00:41 EDT 2018

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 3:13 PM Tim Peters <tim.peters at gmail.com> wrote:

> [Chris Barker]
> > Does that support the other way -- or do we never lose a leap second
> anyway?
> > (showing ignorance here)
>
> Alexander covered the Python part of this,  ...

No, I did not.  I did not realize that the question was about skipping a
second instead of inserting it.  Yes, regardless of whether it is possible
given the physics of Earth rotation, negative leap seconds can be
supported.  They simply become "gaps" in PEP 495 terminology.  Check out
PEP 495 and read "second" whenever you see "hour". :-)