[Python-ideas] Modern language design survey for "assign and compare" statements

Mike Miller python-ideas at mgmiller.net
Sat May 19 19:28:10 EDT 2018

On 2018-05-19 06:41, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> Details follow below.

Thanks for this, had some more time to read it more closely.  Correct me if I'm
probably wrong, but most of these are not used by many.  Except perhaps:

- Typescript, which is constrained by a compatibility goal with JavaScript.
- Julia,
- Possibly Elixir, have heard good things about it.

My focus was on "industry standard" languages however, not pushing the envelope
too far but rather on humdrum bug reduction and maintainability, an area Python
aspires to, I believe.

There was a stack overflow survey recently, should probably dig that up.

-Mike