[Python-ideas] Serialization of CSV vs. JSON

Wes Turner wes.turner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 15:17:25 EDT 2018

JSON-LD supports datetimes (as e.g. IS8601 xsd:datetimes)
https://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld11/#typed-values

Jsonpickle (Python, JS, ) supports datetimes, numpy arrays, pandas
dataframes
https://github.com/jsonpickle/jsonpickle

JSON5 supports comments in JSON.
https://github.com/json5/json5/issues/3

... Some form of schema is necessary to avoid having to try parsing every
string value as a date time (and to specify precision: "2018" is not the
same as "2018 00:00:01")