[Python-ideas] add a time decorator to timeit.py

Anders Hovmöller boxed at killingar.net
Wed Oct 10 02:56:13 EDT 2018

> On 7 Oct 2018, at 22:44, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
>
> So someone ought to submit a PR that adds (brief) documentation for this, with reference to this thread.

I was trying to write this documentation when I noticed that the docs already mention this! "The stmt and setup parameters can also take objects that are callable without arguments." Maybe we should reword this? Obviously many people here have looked at the docs and not spotted it.

I'll post a PR with lambda examples under "Basic Examples", I think this should make people take notice of this feature.

/ Anders