[Python-ideas] Keyword only argument on function call

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Thu Sep 6 12:50:11 EDT 2018

On 09/06/2018 07:05 AM, Anders Hovmöller wrote:
> On Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 3:11:46 PM UTC+2, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 06, 2018 at 12:15:46PM +0200, Anders Hovmöller wrote:

>>> Wouldn't it be awesome if [...]
>>
>> No.
>
> Heh. I did expect the first mail to be uncivil :P

Direct disagreement is not uncivil, just direct.  You asked a yes/no question and got a yes/no answer.  D'Aprano's
comments further down are also not uncivil, just explicative (not expletive ;) ) of his position.

As for your proposal, I agree with D'Aprano -- this is a lot machinery to support a use-case that doesn't feel
compelling to me, and I do tend to name my variables the same when I can.

--
~Ethan~