[Python-ideas] Retire or reword the "Beautiful is better than ugly" Zen clause

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Thu Sep 13 06:07:40 EDT 2018

Hi Samantha,

You ask others to be open-minded, but fail to show such an attitude
yourself.  Beauty is a very old and important concept in the history of
human societies, present in most or all of them, and has been the
subject of a wide range of interpretations, studies and theories.

And, as a French person, I have to notice this is yet another attempt
to impose reactionary, intolerant American politics on the rest of the
world (or of the Python community).

Regards,

Antoine.

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 09:36:42 +0100