[Python-ideas] Retire or reword the "Beautiful is better than ugly" Zen clause

Giampaolo Rodola' g.rodola at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 09:43:30 EDT 2018

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 12:51 PM Oleg Broytman <phd at phdru.name> wrote:
> 2. I was sure it was trolling on the trail of
>    https://bugs.python.org/issue34605

Wow! I find it a bit excessive that #34605 was not discussed first and got
checked in so quickly. I hope there won't be similar initiatives about
terms such as killing, abortion, daemon, termination, disabled, etc. If
somebody gets offended about these terms being used in computer science
it's entirely their problem.  Trying to make such individuals happy is
useless and a waste of python-dev time.

--
Giampaolo - http://grodola.blogspot.com

--