[Python-ideas] Retire or reword the namesake of the Language

Franklin? Lee leewangzhong+python at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 22:06:28 EDT 2018

Monty Python had the goal of making people laugh, while python-ideas
has the goal of improving Python. With those priorities, we can have
fun, but not at the expense of potential contributions and
contributors.

Other people aren't perfect, but sometimes you have to adapt to them
for the sake of other goals. It may be easier if you think of it as
writing a nasty workaround to an unmaintained or wontfix API, or, back
in the 00's, doing anything at all to make a site work on Internet
Explorer.