[Python-ideas] Moving to another forum system where

Anders Hovmöller boxed at killingar.net
Thu Sep 20 12:33:06 EDT 2018

> The firehose of python-ideas is a barrier to entry to suggesting major changes to the language.  This is a GOOD thing.  Major changes need dedicated advocates - if they are unwilling to endure the flood of mail, they are not dedicated enough to the change, and that is an indication of how much they will contribute to actually bring that fruition.  They need a thick skin, since the idea will be folded, spindled and mutilated, usually reducing the change proposed to a single actionable item.  This is what makes python a good language - the road to changing it is incredibly tough.  We should not want to make it easier.
>
> The firehose is a virtue for this list.

You’re conflating two things here:

1. Volume of mails (which is irrelevant for people who have a more advanced mail workflow anyway as has been pointed out as an argument against the very idea that is a firehouse at all)

2. People being... let’s be nice and say.. brutally honest and change averse.

Point 2 has no connection to the technology afaik. And point 1 is weak at best.

/ Anders