[Python-ideas] Asynchronous exception handling around with/try statement borders

Michael Selik mike at selik.org
Thu Sep 20 19:02:18 EDT 2018

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018, 3:52 PM Kyle Lahnakoski <klahnakoski at mozilla.com>
wrote:

> KeyboardInterrupt (any interrupt really) is dangerous. Now, we can
> probably code a solution, but how about we remove the danger

The other day I accidentally fork-bombed myself with Python os.fork in an
infinite loop. Whoops. It seems to me that Python's design philosophy is to
make the safe things beautiful and efficient, but not to remove the
dangerous things.

I'd be supportive of a proposal that makes threading safer without removing
capabilities for those that want them.