[Python-ideas] Why is design-by-contracts not widely adopted?

Barry Scott barry at barrys-emacs.org
Mon Sep 24 13:47:37 EDT 2018

> On 23 Sep 2018, at 11:33, Hugh Fisher <hugo.fisher at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Could it be that Python has better libraries, is faster to develop for, attracts
> more programmers? If so, I suggest it's worth considering that this might
> be *because* Python doesn't have DbC.

I'm not sure how you get from the lack of DbC being a feature to python's success.

I use DbC in my python code via the asserts and its been very useful in my experience.

If there was a nice way to get better then the assert method I'd use it. Like Angus's PoC.

I assume that developers that are not interesting in DbC would simply not use any
library/syntax that supported it.

Barry