[Python-ideas] Built-in parsing library

Nam Nguyen bitsink at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 16:08:02 EDT 2019

Sure! Same examples mentioned in Victor's
https://vstinner.github.io/tag/security.html could have been fixed by
having a more proper parser. This one that I helped author was also a
parsing issue.

https://python-security.readthedocs.io/vuln/bpo-30500_urllib_connects_to_a_wrong_host.html

Thanks for the pointer to pgen2, Guido. I have only quickly skimmed through
it and thought it was really closely tied to the Python language. Maybe I'm
wrong, so I'll need some time to try it out on some of those previous
security fixes.

Cheers,
Nam