[Python-ideas] Open parenthesis in REPL completion

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 11:57:23 EDT 2019

Hi Danilo

I've exactly the same experience, and now take the behaviour for granted,
and don't personally have a desire to fix the problem. I've got used to it.

On Unix the behaviour follows from
https://docs.python.org/3/library/rlcompleter.html and also
https://docs.python.org/3/library/site.html#rlcompleter-config.

I read in https://docs.python.org/3/library/site.html that site.py attempts
"to import a module named usercustomize, which can perform arbitrary
user-specific customizations".

So I think that you, I or any other user could solve this problem for
oneself, by creating a usercustomize.py. And that would be the first step
to getting it into the standard library (or perhaps as an installation
option for Python).

I hope this helps.
--
Jonathan