[Python-ideas] Vectorization [was Re: Add list.join() please]

Adrien Ricocotam ricocotam at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 13:38:43 EST 2019

I honestly don’t understand what you don’t like the @ syntax.

My idea is using functions that takes on argument : an object of the type
of the vector. That’s actually how map works.

What I understood from your previous message is that there’s ambiguity when
using magic functions on whether it’s applied to each element of the vector
or the vector itself. That was the first thing I saw.

While reading your examples, I noticed that you were using «
for any function. That’s the other problem I wanted to address with the @
notation.

Functions that could be used are then the same we can use in map. But I do
agree it’s not easy to have functions with parameters. That’s why I used
functools.partial