[Python-ideas] What factors led Guido to quit?

Hasan Diwan hasan.diwan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 20:35:15 EST 2019

James,
Beginning an email with "I want y’all to think about this very carefully"
isn't going to get you the answer you want. It would have been better, if
you're curious as to why Guido "quit", the best way would be to go through
the archives of python-dev, as he did enumerate the reasons in a note sent
to that list. That's all most of us are going to be forthcoming with out of
respect for his privacy. -- H

On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 at 17:30, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:

> On 2/2/2019 11:04 AM, James Lu wrote:
> > What factors led Guido to quit?
>
> Guido resigned as 'Enhancement Czar'.  He wrote what he want to say
> publicly as to why in his message to the committers list.  Speculating
> beyond that strikes me as rude.
> He did not resign as President of the PSF nor as active core developer.
> He recently committed a large chunk of code.
>
> Antoine is correct that 'Python community enhancement' is off-topic
> *here*.  This list is for "discussion of speculative language ideas for
> Python for possible inclusion into the language".
>
> --
> Terry Jan Reedy

If you wish to request my time, please do so using
*bit.ly/hd1AppointmentRequest
<http://bit.ly/hd1AppointmentRequest>*.
Si vous voudrais faire connnaisance, allez a *bit.ly/hd1AppointmentRequest
<http://bit.ly/hd1AppointmentRequest>*.

<https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFEBAD7FFD041BBA1>Sent
from my mobile device
Envoye de mon portable