[Python-ideas] Clearer communication

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Feb 3 20:38:10 EST 2019

On 2/2/2019 10:59 AM, James Lu wrote:
> I think we need to ... have some way of knowing that Python committees are python committers. It’s really difficult to know how well your proposal is doing without having this.

That has occurred to me also.  If two or three core developers respond
negatively and none favorably, the proposal is likely dead, at least in
its initial form.

On bug.python.org issues, we are marked with the blue and yellow Python
snakes.  The sidebar has a link Committer List.  If I click it when
logged in, I see a list of 173 people (most inactive).  This will not
include Committers not registered on the tracker.  Not logged in, I see
the first batch of all 20000+ registered users, which seems like a bug.
I don't know what you would see.

There are perhaps 10 core developers who currently read the list with
any regularity.  On today's messages, besides myself, I recognize
Stephen D'Aprano, Ronald Oussoren, Paul Moore, Antoine Pitrou, and Eric
V. Smith.

--
Terry Jan Reedy