[Python-ideas] PEP 8 update on line length

Nicolas Rolin nicolas.rolin at tiime.fr
Tue Feb 19 05:38:04 EST 2019

I don't think you will find an agreement to raise the number of line length
(we didn't even manage to find an agreement at my job with less than 10
people),
so I would suggest every reader not interested in the disscussion to put it
into the bin directly, as no decision will emerge from here.

That beeing said, the probable best limit should be None, and let
everyone's text editor line up the things the way people want to read them.

> If you have variables like number_of_pages_in_current_section
> you probably should consider a shorter name. Your IDE may make it easy
> to write such long names, but it doesn't make it easy to read them.

I understand that the writer wants to have shorter names, but why would I
want more ambigious names as a reader ?
How would you rename number_of_pages_in_current_section such that the
reader is not left wondering what does this variable represents ?

--
*Nicolas Rolin* | Data Scientist
+ 33 631992617 - nicolas.rolin at tiime.fr <prenom.nom at tiime.fr>

*15 rue Auber, **75009 Paris*