[Python-ideas] PEP 8 update on line length

Alexandre Dubois alexandre.dubois at zaclys.net
Sat Feb 23 05:42:55 EST 2019

Hi,

Le 22/02/2019 à 22:10, Greg Ewing a écrit :

> I would say it the other way around. Once you've reduced the complexity
> of a line to something a human can handle, *most* of the time 80 chars
> is enough.

I totally agree with Greg Ewing on that point.

The only time when line length is a hinder by itself to me is when I
can't split the windows side by side and fit both the lines of the code
and it's unit-tests.

And this case never happen alone as the "I can't describe easily what
this line of code does" is a way bigger problem than the line length.

Alexandre Dubois

---