[Python-ideas] Single line single expression try/except syntax

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sun Jan 27 22:52:54 EST 2019

On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 07:21:36PM -0800, Ben Rudiak-Gould wrote:

> If Guido wrote that rejection of PEP 463 then I can't help thinking that he
> changed his perspective between then and PEP 572 and might have
> accepted PEP 463 if it had been proposed more recently.

Maybe, maybe not, but either way Michael's advice that any discussion
about try/except expressions should respond to the points raised in PEP
463.

(By the way, since Guido's retirement as BDFL, any major proposal
doesn't have to just convince him, but a committee of people (as yet
unselected).

--
Steve