[Python-ideas] Add list.join() please

Robert Vanden Eynde robertve92 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 10:20:17 EST 2019

So you'd propose to add some kind of

def Join(sep, *args):
     return sep.join(map(str, args))

To the standard lib ?

Or to add another method to str class that do that ?

class str:
     def Join(self, *args):
         return self.join(map(str, args))

I agree such a function is super convenient but does it need to be added to
the standard lib I have it in my custom utils.py and my PYTHONTARTUP.py
file so that I can use it everywhere.

Call it Join, superjoin, joinargs...