[Python-ideas] Operator as first class citizens -- like in scala -- or yet another new operator?

Yanghao Hua yanghao.py at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 14:36:00 EDT 2019

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 3:48 PM Rhodri James <rhodri at kynesim.co.uk> wrote:
> It really doesn't.  If the end user is going to implement the logic of
> this anyway, implementing signal linkage as a method call or class all
> of its own is not a significant extra burden.

There are very constructive discussions in terms how this could be
handled and which turns out not really elegant. Your justification
could be used to reject features like descriptors, decorators, meta
classes, and you can use that reasoning even just to say "let's all go
java". This is not the pythonic for me at all. the burden, is not only
on the savings of a few chars, it is on how easy/difficult it can be
interpreted and understood.

> I'm pretty much done with this conversation too.  You have repeatedly
> been asked what problem you are trying to solve and repeatedly respond
> by restating your solution, which appears to be to impose HDL sematics
> onto a non-HDL language.  That's never going to be a good idea.

Please let's be constructive and be specific, this kind of conclusion
without any reasoning behind it not only makes it weak, this is not
the healthy type of discussion at all.