[Python-ideas] Current use of addition in Python

Eric V. Smith eric at trueblade.com
Mon Mar 4 12:17:01 EST 2019

> On Mar 4, 2019, at 2:18 PM, Rhodri James <rhodri at kynesim.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 04/03/2019 14:03, Jonathan Fine wrote:
>> Python.
>
> TL;DR.  Why is this is Python Ideas?

Because of the current discussion of dict + dict. I think this is helping answer the question: is there anything currently in python that’s a similar usage of “+”?

Personally, I don’t think it matters much, but it’s interesting. If the requirement were for new usages of “+” to be like old ones, would we have added str + str?

Eric