[Python-ideas] Dict joining using + and +=

Christopher Barker pythonchb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 15:58:24 EST 2019

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 12:41 PM Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:

> Honestly I would rather withdraw the subtraction operators than reopen the
> discussion about making dict more like set.

+1

I think the "dicts are like more-featured" sets is a math-geek perspective,
and unlikely to make things more clear for the bulk of users. And may make
it less clear.

We need to be careful -- there are a lot more math geeks on this list than
in the general Python coding population.

Simply adding "+" is a non-critical nice to have, but it seems unlikely to
really confuse anyone.

-CHB

--
Christopher Barker, PhD