[Python-ideas] from __future__ import runtime_default_kwargs

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 08:17:25 EDT 2019

Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> Some weeks ago, you started a discussion here about "Clearer
> Communication". Here's another suggestion to help: don't expect your
> readers to either guess, or infer from the code, what your proposal
> means. As the Zen of Python says:
>
> Explicit is better than implicit.

For me, the canonical guidelines for the use of this list are

[1] http://python.org/psf/codeofconduct/

This list is to contain discussion of speculative language ideas for
Python for possible inclusion into the language. If an idea gains
traction it can then be discussed and honed to the point of becoming a
solid proposal to put to python-dev as appropriate.

[3] https://devguide.python.org/coredev/#responsibilities
As a core developer, there are certain things that are expected of you.

First and foremost, be a good person. This might sound melodramatic,
but you are now a member of the Python project and thus represent the
project and your fellow core developers whenever you discuss Python
with anyone. We have a reputation for being a very nice group of
people and we would like to keep it that way. Core developers
responsibilities include following the PSF Code of Conduct.

ASIDE
The system puts the first two URLs at the foot of every email it sends
out. It might help if it also added
https://devguide.python.org/

I'll suggest that to the forum moderators.

--
Jonathan