[Python-ideas] New explicit methods to trim strings

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Mon Mar 25 09:50:02 EDT 2019

On 25/03/2019 12:01, Jonathan Fine wrote:
> Chris Angelico asked: what does a negative string look like?
>
> This is a very good question. It looks a bit like a negative number.

They really don't.  Negative numbers are well defined in terms of being
the additive inverse of natural numbers.  String concatenation doesn't
have a well-defined inverse, as you demonstrated by not actually trying
to define it.  It strikes me that following this line of reasoning is at
best a category error.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd