[Python-ideas] The Mailing List Digest Project

Christopher Barker pythonchb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 21:00:24 EDT 2019

 On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 8:32 AM Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer <
arj.python at gmail.com> wrote:

> Great! will see sphinx but if i find the html hard to customise, i'll drop
> it.

Sphinx has theming support, plus you can do custom CSS if you want. But
Highly discourage you from worrying about formatting — decent structure is
good enough, and content is what matters.

Search feature and tags coming.

Sphinx has search built in.

also, currently i'm formatting the mails rather than an article, i don't
> know if a real summary of the topic preferable ...

These mailing lists are really big, and the threads are long and scattered,
and they are archived and searchable already.

So I think the real value would be article-style summaries (with links to
the threads).

For Python-Ideas, I’m thinking kind of a mini rejected PEP ...

-CHB

--
Christopher Barker, PhD

Python Language Consulting