[Python-ideas] New Project to Capture summaries from this list

Christopher Barker pythonchb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 01:31:25 EDT 2019

Hi all,

Inspired by Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer and some previous discussion son this
list, I've started a project to capture some of the common threads from
this list (and others).

We often find ourselves saying things like "this was discussed on this list
a year or so ago" when someone brings up a common topic, but it can be hard
to find those threads, and often those threads are very, very, long and
hard to follow.

I'm hoping you all will contribute to this effort to better document the
history of Python-ideas.

The project is here:

https://github.com/PythonCHB/PythonListsSummaries

And is published here:

https://pythonchb.github.io/PythonListsSummaries

If it catches on, we can move it to maybe a new gitHub org, or somewhere
less associated with me -- I'm hoping it will be a community effort.

Contributions Encouraged!

I've kicked it off with a summary of the whole ``list.join()`` question:

https://pythonchb.github.io/PythonListsSummaries/python_ideas/join_as_a_list_method.html

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, PhD