[Python-ideas] New Project to Capture summaries from this

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Mar 29 05:40:27 EDT 2019

Without getting into the pros and cons of mailing lists versus github
versus discourse versus Stackoverflow versus ...

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 02:23:52PM +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:

> Have you ever actually
> convinced someone to move off Gmail onto some other client?

Gmail is an email provider with a web interface. As a provider, it is
available on any email client, so long as it speaks POP3 or IMAP.

It's even officially supported:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?hl=en

(Perhaps I was a bit hasty earlier when I accused Google of trying to
dumb *everything* down. Credit where credit is due.)

I've never tried this myself, but I know of people who have.

--
Steven