[Python-ideas] New explicit methods to trim strings

Christopher Barker pythonchb at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 03:15:00 EDT 2019

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 6:38 PM Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 04:05:55PM -0700, Christopher Barker wrote:
>
> > This proposal would provide a minor gain for an even more minor
> disruption.
>
> I don't think that is correct. I think you are underestimating the gain
> and exaggerating the disruption :-)

I am very confused - I made that statement in response to a post of yours (
unless I got the attribution wrong) in which you seemed to be arguing
against the proposal.

But If I goaded you into making a strong case that I completely agree with
— great!

And for the record:

I have put that very bug into production code.

And I do use strip() with things other than white space — though never
multiple characters (at least not on purpose)

-CHB
--
Christopher Barker, PhD

Python Language Consulting